History In the Making

Tuesday, January 20, 2009.
I know I am not from the United States. I am from Canada. But Being who I am I needed to watch the Inauguration of the 44th President of The United States. I am so proud that people could look past the colour of who had run for office. I think and feel that Obama will lead the nation to great heights. Yes there will be a lot of those American's and others around the World that feel that having a Black President is something that is a disgrace. And there will be attempts on his life.

Today holds a lot of significance of faith and equality. And that my friends is a huge step in American History and the History of the World. I'm so glad that I'm alive to see this. And I have faith that Canada and the United States will have a stronger friendship with Obama and his Congress in power.

Thank you for letting me be part of this Historic Event.
Bless you all.

1 Comentário:

nutmegg said...

Terri, here in Australia there was a lot of interest in the President it was telecast live here.I wish him well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Threads Through Time © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |