Happy Sunday

Sunday, January 10, 2010.
Not a lot of stitching done. But that's ok. Have to take a trip to Ontario to pick up my daughter's best friend. I'm looking forward to going back but not looking forward to crossing the prairies.

I do have a picture to share of a Breakfast that I made. It was fantastic. I used Milk instead of Cream as I didn't have cream but wow it was soooo good.. I got the Recipe off of Food Network here is the picture and recipe.


Baked Eggs with Canadian Bacon, Spinach, and Aged Cheddar
Recipe courtesy Aida Mollenkamp
Prep Time:
1 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time:
20 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
4 servings

Ingredients
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more to butter ramekins
2 tablespoons minced yellow onion
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 ounces baby spinach
4 slices Canadian bacon
4 large eggs
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 ounce grated aged Cheddar, plus extra for serving
Sourdough bread
Directions
Heat oven to 350 degrees F and arrange rack in middle. Butter 4 (6-ounce) ramekins and set aside.
Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. When it foams, add onion, season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper, and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add spinach and cook until spinach is well wilted, about 2 minutes.
Place ham on bottom of ramekins and top with spinach. Crack eggs into ramekins, place 1 tablespoon cream over each egg, and divide half of cheese evenly among ramekins.
Put ramekins on a baking sheet and bake, rotating pan halfway through baking, until whites are just set but yolks are still runny, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter on 4 slices sourdough bread. Top with grated cheese and toast until golden brown. Serve eggs with toast.


Enjoy,
Terri

11 Comments:

Laural said...

That looks REALLY good.

Carol said...

I agree with Laural and ...... I have not had my breakfast yet so my tummy is saying feed me..... feed me .... :)

5 Foot Runt said...

That looks really yummy!

Shelley said...

Looks really good and sounds delish!

Miche said...

Mmmm looks really yummy lol xxx

EvalinaMaria said...

Hey, you did it! You have 3 column blog, congratulations!
I crossed prairies in January, it was not to bad... Have a safe trip and I'm crossing my fingers for a good weather. Breakfast looks delicious!

LisaG said...

Love the new look blog Terri.

JillMN said...

Yum, that breakfast looks good! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the great comment! Happy Stitching!

Marie said...

Your breakfast looks so much tastier than the Cheerios that I am eating right now! :)

Dani - tkdchick said...

That looks tasty! Any chance you're going to be near Ottawa?

Carolyn NC said...

Yumbo! - I may have to try this one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Threads Through Time © Copyright 2010 | Design By Gothic Darkness |